Women's Health enfolds a broad spectrum of issues specific to women that can be treated by physiotherapy. At Performance Physiotherapy we treat a number of conditions faced by women of all ages, from pain with intercourse to bladder/bowel leakage while jumping and running.
Rhonda has taken specific pelvic health post-graduate courses enabling her to practice both external and internal treatments for pelvic health since 2008. In 2016 she also certified to fit pessaries (silicone devices used to support pelvic organ prolapses), and more recently has pursued further continuing education with regards to pre and post natal care. Over the years, this area of her practice has grown as more and more women have started talking about these issues and realizing there is help!
Though 'women's health' issues can arise at any point in our lives, they tend to be heightened during seasons of great hormonal changes. As a result we often see women during the childbearing (perinatal) years and again in the perimenopausal years of their lives. While some conditions we treat are specific to these seasons, there are many conditions that can spring up through multiple ages, such as:
- pelvic, pubic or back pain at rest
- pelvic, pubic or back pain with day to day activities
- pain or difficulty inserting a tampon
- pain or difficulty having intercourse
- bladder/bowel leakage while jumping, running, coughing, or laughing (stress urinary incontinence)
- bladder/bowel urgency and urge incontinence (Need to go now!)
- increased frequency (overactive bladder)
- pelvic organ prolapse
- infertility (there are acupuncture points that can help with this)
- perinatal concerns
- perimenopausal concerns
- Baby Belly